Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gluttony

There are few things more satisfying than coming home after a night of dancing and eating a whole pile of food... Food should always come in piles.

I think I've been clenching my teeth in my sleep. I find I move from one nervous tick to another over the course of a month or two. Before Christmas, my eyelid was twitching. This one is more annoying than most, since it makes my teeth and head hurt a little. Why don't you just loosen up, you say? I think I've been wound so tight for so long that, were I to forcibly unwind, my component materials would become fatigued and lose their elasticity. What I really need is a set of Chinese-style worry balls. My adviser has a bunch of juggling balls in his office, and whenever I go bother him, I take a pair and rotate them around in one of my hands. It's a nice physical distraction.

Speaking of which, for some reason, I think best when I'm moving around. I've had most of my best ideas in recent months either in the shower or while walking around outside. I think the physical activity distracts me just enough that I don't spin off on irrelevant tangents. The woods behind the university were beautiful during the summer, but now it's cold and gets dark early and I rarely leave the building during the day. Maybe I should make a point of doing so...

No comments: